Leasing Specialist – Job Description
The primary duty of the Leasing Specialist shall be to protect the best interests of the owners and to represent Dakota Commercial and the properties they manage in the most competent, professional manner as possible. As a Leasing Specialist, you will become the public face of our property and the key liaison between the management office and our current and prospective renters. The Leasing Specialist should make every effort to be aware of the condition of each property, as well as the security, safety, and cleanliness, and take the necessary steps to report, repair or clean anything you feel needs attention. You will work with other Leasing Specialists and Property Managers on our team and answer directly to the Property Managers and the Director of Property Management.
The duties and responsibilities of the Leasing Specialist are as follows:
- Exude a friendly, outgoing disposition and have a desire to “sell” our rental units.
- Possess excellent problem solving and communication skills; be detail oriented.
- Meet with prospective renters and take them on tours of the units that interest them. Provide information about amenities, incentives, etc. You will be an initial contact to prospects, so it is important to be familiar with the properties owned and managed by Dakota Commercial.
- Follow-up with prospective renters.
- Perform move-in inspections prior to rental.
- Perform move-out inspections with residents.
- Walk properties and grounds. Perform light maintenance duties/pick trash as needed to assist Dakota Commercial maintenance staff. Coordinate heavy maintenance issues with maintenance staff.
- Deliver memos and notices to tenants as needed.
- Property master keys will be issued each morning. You are responsible for returning said keys to the office safe each day.
- Greet people as they come in and answer incoming phone calls as needed when in the office.
- Possess basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel; and have the ability and desire to learn additional property management software as required.
- Ability to multitask.
- Have access to reliable transportation.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Always be professional, kind and courteous to prospects and tenants, even if they don’t extend that treatment to you. Management reserves the right to revise the Leasing Specialist duties at any time.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com